Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Father's Day, Ragnar and more!

 Aleana grabbed the cottage cheese out of the refrigerator and ran into the dinning room to eat it.  She thought she was pretty funny! 
 Taking a walk through the park.  The thinks that running across the bridge is pretty funny, but it scares me when she starts to run towards the edge. She also likes to push her own stroller.  

 Happy Father's Day 

Sunday June 15th

 I got Curt a "Chilly Towel"  you get it wet and it stays cool for hours.  I think he really enjoyed using it after his runs during Ragnar.  
 Aleana and Daddy ready for Church,  Aleana's shirt says "Daddies Little Angel" 
 One day later that week I came out into the living room to check on Aleana and she is sitting in the movie drawer.  She looks up at me and just starts laughing.  I wonder how long she had been waiting for me to come into to the room.  I love this silly girl and she keeps life fun. 

Thursday June 19th

Curt is has scout camp all weekend so he took the day off so he could get ready and spend the day with Aleana and me. We took Aleana over to the Zoo and she feed a Reindeer with Daddy. She LOVED it and kept asking for more.  
 Aleana and I had a fun weekend.  Thursday night we had dinner with our friends Sheena Ryker and Kason.  Friday we ran errors, played, watched part of "Cars" while eating dinner and the hung out with the same friends until bed time.  I stayed up late watching TV and working on Aleana's Baby book so I can have it done before she is two. On Saturday we went to a Carnival in Nibbley.  Aleana had fun playing the games and getting prizes.  Although she might have been a little young to send in the bouncy house.  I sent her in with my friend Heather's kids but she still had a hard time going up the stairs and was so nervous to go the slide that we had to send her daughter back in to help her down the slide.  We went and played at the park for a few minutes so she could go down a slide her size. When we got home Daddy was waiting for us.
Curt brought a friend home from his camping trip.  Aleana did not want to touch it but loved it when we would hold it.  When Curt's team come up to do a practice run for Ragnar she loved showing my Dad, Mom and Sister the Butterfly, as well as Ryker who came over to play with Aleana and my brother;s dog archey who came up with my mom.  The butterfly left before the next morning and still to this day she will go out and point to the flowers and say "butterfly".

Curt camp went well with their two boys even though they had to hike to miles in and out each morning from the yurt they were staying in.  They went canoeing at Bear Lake and Tony's Grove. The boys tipped their canoe and got all wet.  They also played games around camp. I am glad Curt had fun but I am happy to have him home!

Wednesday June 25th 


We baby sat my Friend Jessica's little girl Addlyn on Wednesday Night while they went golfing for a Bishopric party.  Aleana kept calling her Layla. They both were trying to ride in the car so I snapped a picture and Aleana jumped up to be in the spotlight.  They had fun playing but where both very tired when her mom came to get her around 10:00. 

Friday June 27th 

Ragnar! 

We had a bit of fun today going to see Curt run his first leg of Ragnar.  He was estimated to run about 7:45 that morning so I got up and got ready and woke up Aleana so we could make it to see him.  Well we had been hearing a noise in the car and the night before the run when we were driving the the trail we heard a bump like we had run over something but we were busy getting curt ready for ragnar that we did not get them checked out.  I got going down the road and the car was acting funny as I got into Nibbley it started to skip and the check engine light came on.  Luckily I was buy a parking lot and slowed down to turn as I was pulling into the parking spot the car died and would not turn over.  So I called Curt to tell him I would not make it and I just started crying, because I wanted to support him and I was worried about our car.  Well luckily a couple of Curt't coworker Amy and Alice were coming to watch Curt and another teammate run.  They were nice enough to come and give me a ride. The car seat in their car was to tight for Aleana so she sat in the booster seat.  We drove along Curt's trail and saw him run.  He looked good and was happy to see us.  While we were going out to see Curt run Alice's husband come out to look at the car.
Aleana waiting to see Daddy run up to his exchange. 
Just sprinted in and handed off the bracelet 
Way to go Curt. 
After we sent Curt off with his van to continue their runs we headed back to our car.  Alice's husband Casey was looking at it and running tests and guessed it was the timing belt which can often times ruin the motor as well so we were hoping that it can be fixed and we would not need a new car.   

We left so we could exchange cars, I ended up with Alice's car and Amy and Alice to Amy's.  I just met Casey and Alice today and they are handing me the keys to their car. 

Casey found some guys to push our car up into a trailer so they he could take it back to his house to look it at to see if he could fix it.  The job was too big for him to fix at this house so he helped us get the car to "Hyrum Tires" and got it set up to be fixed.  What a nice guy!  


I rode to Park City on Saturday morning with my friend Alyssa to see her husband Ben and my dad run their last legs and see Curt and his team run across the finish line.  Curt was finished running so we got to hang out with him with they Ben and my Dad ran. 
My Dad stating his last leg and the last leg of the race. 
Go Dad!! 
My Dad leading them off and the rest of the team following behind. 
Ben and Curt
The Team "Running for the Health of it" 
Proud Daddy and Aleana
The family!
 Debbie also ran but I was not able to see her.  
Our little family
We love you Curt and are so proud of all your hard work. 
You Did It!!

Oh we were able to borrow my moms car on the way back to Logan so we returned Alice's car.  We hope to hear about our car soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment