Monday, February 2, 2015

Sleeping

Since we have had 1:00 Church Sacrament meeting has been a challenge.  Yesterday was bad Aleana started out running around with her friends around the chapel since Choir practice was still going on. Then she tried to escape from me several times before the sacrament.  During the sacrament she was fighting me and kept crawling to the empty bench in front of us and telling me she wanted to find Daddy so I was ready for her to run for it but I guess not ready enough.  She took off and made it to the second row before I caught her.  They were about to pray again so I just sat down and she cried an d screamed during the prayer.  Luckily a friend of mine was nice enough to send her son over with an active to distract her for the rest of sacrament.  When Curt was finished she ran to him and we headed back to our bench.  Aleana continued to crawl up to the empty bench and was laying on the bench. when there was about 20 mins left we got her to come back and eat snacks on Curt's lap.  We noticed she was falling asleep eating her crackers and then she asked for a drink.  It did not take more than 5 mins and she was out.  We did not dare wake her so Curt sat with her During Sunday School and I came and traded so he could teach.  I thought she was going to wake up several times but she just went right back to sleep. When there was 15 mins left in Church she rolled off the bench and woke self up. She was so confused and wanted to know where daddy was.  She looked up in the room where they prepare the sacrament and then I got her to go to the last ten minutes of nursery.  Poor little girl just needed some sleep, she has not fall asleep in church for probably a year.  Also it was nice to have some quiet time to just read and ponder to get ready for this week.

Also I started a new babysitting job today.  I am watching a new born 4 days for 8 hours until the end of may a week while his mom teaches school.  So far it has gone good he has been asleep for almost 4 hours now and Aleana has been asleep for almost 2.  The Lord told me he would help me do this so we could make some extra money.  I know everyday wont be this easy but it shows me once again how much I can rely on my Heavenly Father.  Aleana has struggled a bit she was excited for the baby to wake up and play but when she realized he cant wake, crawl, play on her bed or slide down the stairs and just was held by mom so she could not play she was ready for him to go back to sleep and have his mom come pick him which was only 2 hours into the day.  She also has not wanted to share her bouncer and has wanted to sit in it all day so he has been sleeping in his car seat.  She does like him and wants to share food with him so hopefully things get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment