Friday, December 10, 2010

My Amazing Little Sister


This past weekend we went down to my parents to celebrate my little sister Debbie's 21st Birthday and have a Court of Honor for her receiving her Ranger award in the Venturing program.

So for those of you who don’t know what the venturing program is or what the ranger award is I will give you a brief explanation. Venturing is a scouting program for 12 to 21 year boys and girls, so when I worked up at scout camp I was a member of the venturing program. The Ranger award is kind of like receiving your Eagle except harder and more in-depth. She is one of the few in our scouting district to receive this award and the only one in my family, even though we were all members of the venturing program. I am so proud of my sister and all of her hard work, and grateful for her amazing example she is to me and everyone she comes in contact with.

For her birthday we played the dice game Farkle and had Little Debbie Snack (a traditions since her name is Debbie and she is little) and Ice cream. Watching her blow out the candles on her little Debbie Snack Cake was one of the funniest things I have ever seen. First off I haven’t seen some one blow so hard on the candles and not have single one blown out, second I haven’t seen someone take 5 or 6 breathes to blow out the candle, and last I have never seen candles light when you are trying to blow them out and not have them be trick candles. We were laugh so hard that I thought my sister was going to pass out which did not help her blow out her candles.  Come to find out she was having some problems with her breathing and had to take some medicine, so it was sad but it was still kind of funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment