Tuesday, July 5, 2011

4th of July weekend.

On Friday we watched the fireworks with our friends. We sat close enough to the stadium that we could hear Diamond Rio performing and the music they played during the fireworks. While waiting for the fireworks to start we played games and ate treats. One of my friends brought glow sticks that the adults had as much fun with as the kids. We made a giant circle of them and let the kids play in it. We decided to wrap Curt up in them and turn him into a Christmas tree. The fireworks were amazing, but the kids were not sure what to think and by the end Emma was crying.



On the 4th Curt, my sister, my brother, and my dad all ran the Clearfield Freedom Run 5k while my mom walked the 2 miles. I am proud to say that I finished and was not last out of everyone, just last out of my family. It was a great accomplishment but I don’t know if it was the smartest thing to do after not running for a few months. My sister invited Curt to run with them and I really had no intentions of running it until a couple of days before because everyone else was and I felt kind of silly walking with my mom. Curt thinks that he would like to run some more 5k's but if I run them with him I will have to train before. I am still very sore.

That afternoon we went to our family reunion it was good to see my cousins that I have not seen in a while. I guess I should have gotten some pictures of them but their kids are a lot cuter. One of my cousins little girls attached herself to Curt and I. She told my cousin’s husband that Curt was her new best friend.

After the reunion we went to see Kung Fu Panda 2 with my family it was a cute show, but we decided that it reminded us a little of Star Wars, Harry Potter, and the Story of Moses combined.

No comments:

Post a Comment