Sunday, February 16, 2014

Happy Birthday to Me and other family fun!!


On Friday February 7 we went out to enjoy all the snow we had been receiving. Aleana was afraid to sit in the deep snow so she sat on my lap while we made a little snowman.  She was fine siting on the ground after I cleared away all the snow.  She kept pulling out our little snow mans arms and then wanting me to put them right back in.  Silly Girl.  

 Two little cuties are with my Dad.

 My family came up on Saturday the 8th for a little Birthday party for me and my mom.  Aleana was tired and really did not want to play with Layla or anyone much. She did like sitting in the big camp chair all by herself.  We had pizza, ice cream, and red velvet cupcakes (which I made).  We were going to go up to Hardware Ranch to see Elk but it was bad weather so we just played at home.

 My sister gave me pink button up sweater with a tie and my parents gave me some money.  The little cuties got some valentine toys from Debbie and a Princess book that plays music from my mom. It was fun having family up.  We did miss Brian and Cadie because they were sick.  
 Cute little family picture!
My Birthday was on Monday February 10th and I had a nice birthday, Curt ended up staying home from work because he had to take the car in that morning, luckily nothing serious just a sensor.  We got to spend the day together!! He helped with Aleana, cleaned the house, and made fish for dinner and homemade apple cobbler.  I am lucky to have such a wonderful husband!  We had friends come over that evening for cobbler and ice cream.

In the Afternoon Curt gave me my presents. 
 Helping me read my card from her! 
Aleana thinks all presents are here's, she is wearing the hat Curt had my friend Chelsea make for me.  
I think it is adorable!! 
 Helping me open presents and trying to still my "mum mum's" as she calls them. 
 Curt also got me an exercise game for the Kinect, and a soft rug to stand on while I get ready in the bathroom (it is supper comfy to stand on :).  Curt's mom gave me a red scarf, socks, some headbands and some money.  
 Aleana in her bright fun outfit (she put on the head band and necklace herself) reading her Princess book from grandma.  What a cutie, she diffidently has a fun personality :)

On another note we had planned to start the adoption process with LDS Family services, we even were getting together references and other documents, but we felt it is not the right time and LDS might not be the route for us to go this time. We talked and prayed about it the night before and made a final decision on my birthday. Some might think that would have been hard but it was actually a weight lifted off me because I was going to have to spend my whole birthday running around getting stuff done for our home study and filling out a long questionnaire.  I also feels good to follow the promptings of the spirit and not just do something because we think it is what everyone expects us to to do and what we thought we should to do. I guess I should have listened to the spirit sooner and we would not have gotten so far into the process, it is hard to obey sometimes when it goes against what you think you want. Curt and I were planning to start again when she was 12 months but I kept getting the feeling we need to wait and then when we went to the temple a couple months ago I had the feeling that we would not be getting our next child through LDS Family services. Well I guess I thought it had been long enough and I LDS Family Services would be the right place to get started, but I the Lord had to remind me that he is in charge and has different plans for us.  I will try and listen better.  We are not sure of our next plans we thought there was a foster care situation to look into but it sounds like the aunt is going to keep the girls. We know the lord is in charge so we will see where this journey takes us :).  I love my family the way it is now and will joy what the Lord has given me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment