Monday, October 21, 2013

My sister went to the Temple!

My amazing little sister Debbie went to the Temple this past Thursday Oct 17th.  She has been preparing her self for quite a while and wanted to go through so that she could be at Aleana's sealing, but the timing was not right.  She continued to prepare and meet with her Bishop and her told her he felt it was the right time and she was ready. 

She went through the 5:00 session at the Brigham City Temple.  I guess the big guy down stairs did not want us to go.  I had set up with my friend Chelsie Atkinson about a month in advance to watch Aleana while we were at the temple. Then about a week before she told me that something came up and she was not going to be able to watch her.  So I a text sever of my friends with out kids to see if they could watch her but non of them could.  Then I called up the Kjar's who would have been one of our first choices but we did not want to add another kid to their plate for that long.  They were willing and so I stopped worrying.  However the day of the session Damaris called to tell me that her family was sick and they would still be willing to watch her but just to let me know.  Well this was at 11 am but I did not realize she called until almost 2:00 and we need to be to the temple by 4:30.  So after several call to Curt, Damaris, and Heather Dutson we were able to get it figured out and Heather was willing to watch her.  We would have just had the Kjars watch her but Aleana had just gotten over a fever and we did not want her sick again.  I am glad we have lots of friends her in Logan to help us out.  However I was running late as usual and by the time I got Curt and we got Aleana settled at the Dutsons it was nearly 4.  I am glad Curt is a good driver and he was able to get us to the temple in time.  Ha Satan we out smarted you!  

The session was amazing.  It was so good to be there with Debbie and my family.  However it was especially good to be there with Curt.  We had not been in the temple together since Aleana sealing and it had been months before the sealing that we had gone to a session together. It was amazing to be in the Celestial room with All my Stauffer family including my soon to be sister in law Cadie and my grandma Taylor. I also believe my Grandma Alice and Grandpa Taylor were their in spirit.  It was a great opportunity to have my family in the temple together and wonderful to be there with Curt,  it felt like Heaven!  The next time this will happen is next month for my Brother Brian's Wedding!!

We went to dinner at Maddox after.  The food was good and we did not realize how long in had been since we were out without Aleana.  It was kind of weird but really nice to be able to enjoy dinner and visiting with family.  We did not get back to get Aleana until after 10:00 and she was crashed out in Heathers arms.  Thanks Heather for watching Aleana and Thank you Aleana for being good while we were gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment