Sunday, November 24, 2013

Life!

I feel so blessed in my life right now that I just have to share some fun stories and experiences we have had. 

First an update on Aleana

 She is practically running around my house now and keeping me on my toes the whole time she is awake, it is fun but exhausting.  How do people have more then one kid? 
 She has about 3/4 of her molar on her left side and about 1/2 a molar on the right side.  She is also just getting over a nasty little cold which I am sure is making the teething worse, as well as our sleeping situation.  Poor little thing will often cough and gag at night and even cause her self to throw up. Luckily she has not gotten an ear infection, but i am sure this wont be her only cold this winter. I hope she gets over this soon. 

She is also developing more of a personality.  She is stubborn, feisty, sneaky, a huge tease, supper happy and smiley.  If she dose not want you to do something like suction out her nose then you are not going to be able to do it she will fight until you give up and she is strong.  I guess that this can be a good trait, no one will be able to walk all over this little girl, but she will be fun to raise.  Aleana will see me coming up to her to wipe her nose, change her diaper or put on her coat and she will laugh and run the other way.  Yesterday we went to the temple and I wanted a hug before I left, so I reached out to have her come to me when she was fished hugging Curt and twice she started coming to me and then turned and went back to Curt. Then she finally came and gave me a hug.  Also the other day I was trying to keep her away for the garbage can by the desk and I kept pulling her away but as soon as my attention was off of her for 2 second she was running back to the garbage can and when i would say her name she started laughing.  She did this about 5 times in a row. She is such a funny little girl!   

 Here is Aleana destroying my kitchen.
  But if you look close you can see she is sorting items into different 
containers so I guess it is a good learning experience. 
 Playing in the snow!
I can't tell if she liked it or not; she would not go out very far but she did keep bending down to grab snow until she fell down on her bum and got cold and wet. 
 inside nice and warm again. 

 Aleana learned to blow kisses on Wednesday November 20th and this is my attempt to get a picture. It is so cute when we say "love you" or "kisses" she brings her hand up to her face and kisses it and then pulls it away.  I guess we need to work on the blowing part but it is still so cute. 
 On Tuesday I let Aleana play under the bathroom sink while I was quickly getting ready.  I saw she was playing with some of my make up but did not realize she was getting it all over her self.  I guess she already want so be like mommy and wear make up.  I think this shirt might be ruined, but i just thought it was adorable and had to get a picture.  
Aleana love to play with her blocks.  On any given day you can come over to my house and my living room will be covered with blocks.  Curt and I like to play with them to and Aleana loves to knock over out towers. She is even starting to experiment with stacking blocks.  Before to long she will be helping us build towers instead of knocking then over.  
Aleana loves to just squat down and play which I find really funny but my Grand Song A would be proud because used to always squat down while she was preparing food or visiting, now she is getting to old.  She tried getting Debbie and I to do it but our legs where not strong or flexible enough to stay very long. 

Update on our life 

Curt is still applying for jobs with out much success.  He had a job interview a few weeks ago, he did not get the job but his sister Julee did. He has a couple other job potential and a few jobs he wants to apply for. One is with a guy that a coworkers knows which we don't know much about except he owns his own company and it has to do with clinical exercise so if they ever get a chance to talk about it then we will see if it is something we will be interested in.  There is also a potential that Curt could teach some exercise classes for his work that could potentially become a full time job but I guess we will just have to see.  

My life is pretty much just taking care of Aleana, cleaning, blogging :), and trying to keep up with photo books.  I do need to look into classes that I can take while being home with Aleana so that I can use my Americorp money.  I just can't decide if I just want to take fun classes that will help me in being a mom and enrich my life or classes that will help me get a good job when my kids grow up and I go back to work. I guess I should also do some indexing or family history work while I am home with Aleana. 

We are thinking about starting the adoption process again soon. I want to have our kids close together, but I am kind of nervous that we will get our second child fast and have them only 18 months apart. The Lord knows what is best for us and wont test us more then we can handle and I am sure I would be able to figure out how to handle Aleana at any age as well as a baby.  Although  if they are closer in age then they would be good friends.  

At the temple the yesterday I had the feeling we had other children wait for us and at least this next child would most likely not come from LDS family services.  So we really need to start cracking down to save up money so that we can be ready at least in part to pay for another adoption.  Also we need to keep our mind and hearts open to other opportunists and agencies.  But I know that if we do all that we can the Lord will help make anything possible.  I just need to have faith in His plan for us. 


   

No comments:

Post a Comment