Sunday, March 2, 2014

17 Months and the past week

This week has been somewhat better, Aleana slept through all but one night and took pretty good naps everyday expect today, on Monday it was even a 2 1/2 hours nap.  She fell asleep in my arms and when I put her down she wake up and did not go back to sleep.  She was a beast all afternoon, she was throwing stuff at us and was so fussy.  I tried to put her back down but she just fought it, so I put her in her crib and she had a 30 min quiet time.  She was a lot happier after that but crash hard when we put her to bed.    
I was making dinner on Monday and had a cup of couscous on the counter and she grabbed it.  This is after we salvaged enough to make dinner.  Before I took the picture she was swimming in it:) 
I think she might like a sand box, but she will probably just eat it just like she was staring to eat this. 
Helping Daddy clean up! 
On Wednesday after Aleana got the leftover whip cream out of the fridge. I had to run to the bathroom and I did not think she could get the plastic wrap off the, but apparently she did. She thought it was a delicious treat! 


On Friday we went to the Fun Park with FSA for a play date. The first little while Aleana was nervous and did not want to play, but after a little while she was running all over the arcade and did have some fun playing in the soft play. The most exciting thing was seeing her little friend Andre!  They were so cute together!
She also thought it was fun to pretend to play the driving games and wanted to play all the ball type games.  I was a fun little play date and good to see some friends we had not seen in a while.

Sunday morning after breakfast Aleana decided that she wanted to climb up in the chair all by herself.  She is so ready to be a big girl, I don't know if I am ready yet.  Right now it just means that she can get into more stuff.  
I got Aleana to let me do her hair in pony tails for Church on her 17 month birthday!  She tried to take them out a few times before church but once we got to church she forgot about them.  Everyone thought they were so cute.  I love how curly they are. 
My Cute little 17 month old! 
She is starting to get interested in puzzles and can sometimes get them in the right spot. She also is started to stack blocks before she just knocks the tower over.
  Today we had her stay the full time in Nursery, Curt took half the time and I took the other half.  She did pretty good but I think she was ready to leave a few times.  She did like standing and dancing on the chairs, one of these times she is going to fall on her head.  In four weeks she will officially be in nursery. I hope she will stay on her own.   
Aleana is starting to cut her top left canine and she is still in a lot of pain, she has been biting everything even Curt and I. She is so busy and runs all over the house and has also learned how to walk on her tip toes. She keeps me busy and clever! 

Aleana is really starting to like TV, sometimes she will start crying when I turn it off or when I will not turn it on for her.  She does not sit very long to watch but likes to have it on while she plays and will stop and point at it when I turn it off.  I need to be careful or we may have major issues with this when she is older. 

Aleana's vocab it getting a lot bigger and she is learning more animal sounds.  Some new words are Go, lets go, on, ball, bubbles, my dad, daddy, my mom, love you and has said how are you.  It is fun to see her learning so much.  Also she can say moo, baa, bock bock, quack, meow, neigh and woof woof.  Some are really clear and other you have to know what she is trying to say and on some she needs a little prompting, but it is so cute. I need to get her on video.  

No comments:

Post a Comment