Sunday, March 16, 2014

"Bubbies"

 Aleana loves to go out and see the birds in the field and ducks and fish in the pond.  When we say what does the duck say she say "quack quack", it is so cute!  Curt and I took her out to see feed the ducks yesterday and she ended up eating most of the bread which was not bad because she had not eaten much lunch.  She is getting really good at throwing the food to the ducks. 
The weather has been sunny but still kind of cold so we often still were hats. 
This little cutie loves her bubbles.  All day she says "bubbies, bubbies bubbies" she often would rather play with them then eat lunch so I have to try and hide them.  She is also getting pretty good at blowing bubbles on her own, and it makes her so excited!! 

I have been babysitting for a neighbor of mine and she has a boy that is 2 1/2 and boy that is about 4 months old.  Aleana likes to go over and play but sometimes it can be crazy.  Usually the little boy is nice to Aleana and they have fun playing together but then there are times that he will come still a toy from her, since she has it he wants it.  It is often difficult to discipline him as well. Although I am working on Aleana learning to share as well so it is a learning experience for both of them. The little baby loves to be held and there are days he just wont let me put him down.  It makes it hard to take care of the two running around when I am holding the baby.  I am glad that it is only an hour most days.  Aleana has started some thing really cute this week, she loves to bounce the baby in the bouncer and kiss him on the head.  She will kiss him like 20 times with in the hour we are there.  Most of the time I think it is really cute but not when I just got him to sleep.    I think she will make a very sweet sister someday. 

Aleana is so independent,  she thinks that she has to climb in and out of the car and car seat all by herself.  Sometimes she does really good and other times she gets distracted by things in the car.  She also wont sit in her highchair unless she climbs in by herself and then she often does not want to stay in it.  I guess these are good skills for her to start learning.   I am not a fan about the fact that she is trying to climb out of her crib, I am glad we can drop the mattress down a little more because I am not ready for her to be in a toddler bed yet. I don't think naps would happen and bed times would be really tough.  She already fights them as it is. 

So Aleana is kind of funny she will yell hi to anyone she sees but when we go play with other friends she plays by herself and often wants to be in a different room entirely.  I hope it is just and age thing.  Luckily she does pretty good in nursery, but we will see how good she does in a few weeks when we start leaving her. 

We are trying to come up with a discipline plan for Aleana, she does not listen to us and knows that she is not obeying. Usually when we tell her not to do something she wants to do it more. For example yesterday she kept lifting up her shirt and we kept asking her to but it down so she pulled it all the way up and walked around with it tucked under her chin, so she did not get to play outside before her nap.  I guess I need to read up and get some advice from other parents I am sure she is not the only one that does this.  We are trying to stay positive and calm with her as well as give consequences but I think I could use some other tips. 

No comments:

Post a Comment